Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, November 18, 2011

Snowflake Candle

I'm going to show you an easy way to dress up an ordinary candle for the holidays.



You can use any kind of jar candle.
I'm showing this candle because this is one of my new "cheap" favorites. You can find Better Homes and Gardens candles at Wal-Mart. I got this big one for $6. They smell wonderful!



Plus they got a cute metal lid.


All you need is a snowflake stencil, paint, stencil brush and glitter.

I found this cute snowflake stencil at Hobby Lobby for $3-full price. You can get it cheaper with your 40% coupon!


On my particular candle the label peeled right off! If you have a hard time removing a label, I heard Goo Gone is really good!

Then all you do is stencil on your snowflake. I mixed some cream and light blue paint together so the snowflakes stood out from the white candle.


While the paint is still wet, add a pile of glitter to the snowflake.
Let it sit on there for a minute or two and then shake off onto a piece of paper. Don't want to waste any glitter. :)

Do this same process all around the jar at random.


Light your candle and enjoy!

A simple embelishment to add to your decor or gift!


I just used basic craft paint and the paint worked fine on glass. My candle will be up and away from hands so I don't have to worry about paint scratching off. If you are worried about that then a simple clear spray sealer would work great! Or there is also glass paint found at your local craft store.

This would work great on any glass container!

Wouldn't this be a fun and easy gift for a teacher or neighbor? Do you plan to do some homemade gifts this Christmas?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...