Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, November 11, 2011

Tackling the Laundry

Last month, I showed you how I Keep Organized with Laundry at our House. Today I'm going to share the products I use to keep my family safe and save money! We all like to do that right?


I have made the switch to the Shaklee Get Clean Laundry products. I have found my clothes are fresh and not as worn compared to other brands. Plus they are hypoallergenic-no nasty chemicals. My oldest son has a history of eczema so it works great for his sensitive skin, plus I don't have to separate his clothes from the rest of ours while I'm washing. Which saves this momma time!

These products are also safe for babies as well.


These are also tough on stains! I have 2 little boys, the stains are never ending!

So lets compare prices!

I went to my local Target to check out prices for Tide, which tends to be a common household detergent. The prices ranged from 10.99-$19.99 for Tide HE detergent.

 Low range.
Tide HE $10.99 52 loads = 21 cents per load

High Range.
Tide Total Care HE $19.99 for 61 loads=33 cents per load

$25.10 for 64 oz
I actually use 1/2 of it's recommended amount to use. So I get 128 loads out of a bottle! Which equals 19 cents per load.
I do one load of laundry at my house a day, so this one bottle would last me 4 months!

And the Fresh Laundry Concentrate (Powder) is even a better deal! It's a 14 lb container for $40.25 at 1/8 cup does 224 loads at 18 cents per load!
Which would equal over 7 months at my house!

You might ask 'What about homemade detergents?' I am quite thrifty, so yes I have tried them as well. I've made liquid and powder at home and they never seemed to get my clothes clean or make them smell "fresh".

Lets not forget about the Get Clean Soft Fabric Sheets. You can actually cut the dryer sheets in half to last twice as long. So 80 sheets will actually get you 160! Plus they are recyclable when you are done.

And the Nature Bright Laundry Booster and Stain remover is great on stains! You can even use it on carpets, upholstery, kitchen & bath surfaces, patio furniture and much more! It's safe to put in your carpet steam cleaner along with Basic H2 to get that carpet clean. My boys are constantly on the floor playing. It gives me piece of mind that I'm using products that are safe for my little boys...and hubby and I, too.

So do you have a favorite laundry detergent? Or is it time for a change?

I also had questions on how to purchase products from my Shaklee website. You can go directly to my website and purchase any product you like at the Regular Price.

There is also a Member Price. If you become a member of Shaklee, you receive 15% off the regular price for a lifetime! Plus you get an extra free bonus from me on your first purchase.

AND there is an excellent referral program for Members only! When you refer your friends and family to my shaklee site using your own personal code and they purchase $25 or more on their first purchase then you get $25 credit for your next purchase!

So the perks of being a member is great for your health and your pocket book!

If you have any questions please email me
athomewithk (at) hotmail (dot) com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...