Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, September 17, 2009

SHEEP - PROJECTS

I guess I have to start being better about posting here…I seem to have so many irons in the fire right now!

Doug has been working on some candle sconces for my website and In-Home-Show the end of November and he’s doing a terrific job on them….he’s out there sawing away as I type. Today he painted 2 sample ones – I like the combinations but the blue one needs more work.

We need to refine the blue so you don’t see the grain of the wood. Not sure. Here’s what he has done so far. He will keep trying till he gets it perfect that’s for sure. Funny how some colors texture different than others.

The piece that looks like a piece of toast fits into the groove. There will be a hole for a candle and there will be a hole near the tip to hang on a nail….of which WILL BE DONE FIRST before painting. These are tests.

Sconces 1

Red Sconce 1 

Blue Sconce

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And….my wonderful little flock of sheep are starting to get their blankets. I just love these fellas.

I want you to meet WILLOW….the first to be blanketed!
I now have them on my website.

Sheepwithblanket

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I also had a request to make my Hanging Pockets Un-Grungy….lol so here’s what the Willow one looks like Un-Grungied.

WillowPocketNatural

And here’s my original one all Grungied up.

Willowpocket3

This week has been a busy one with getting orders finished and starting new ones.

THANK YOU TO ALL MY LOYAL CUSTOMERS…YOU ARE MAKING IT POSSIBLE TO KEEP GOING ON A VENTURE THAT’S SO DEAR TO ME.

It’s isn’t the money because it takes time to be in the ‘black’ in this business instead of in the ‘red’…so that being said you all know it’s because this is from my heart that I keep going and the joy my products bring to those who purchase them and proof of that are the repeat customers and their wonderful comments.

AND THANK YOU AGAIN ALL MY BLOGGING FRIENDS FOR COMING

P.S. Go on over to Cozy Coops Corner http://coopriders.blogspot.com/ and read all about her wonderful article in the newest Country Sampler.
Congratulations Janae!

HUGS,
Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...