Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

TTFN, and a Summer Show & Tell

There must be something about this time of year. This week it hit me that I need to spend time away from this screen for a while. I try other methods (giving myself certain amount of time online, or try to only visit certain sites), but end up frustrated or it just doesn't "stick"... just shutting it off for awhile works better (for me). I've learned that if I do this every so often, I neither overestimate the importance of online activities, nor underestimate the resources, wisdom, and comraderie available here. And if I do this every so often, I don't end up shutting down my blog, only to realize that communicating by writing is a part of how God built me and that I need to get back to it.

Time away helps me to rightly value what's here, and rightly value what's NOT here.

So I'm taking some time away, not sure how long. About six weeks from now, our family is going to Cairo for our family vacation (we found a good deal and quickly snatched it up--YAY, I can't wait to see the Pyramids!!!), so it may be even after that, something like 2 months. We'll just see. And I reserve the right to hop back on, without shame, if there's something that I feel prodded to write about. :) But regardless, I hope you have a delightful summer- full of knowing Christ more, and joyfully loving family and the people around you.


As a parting gift, here are the links I've been storing up since the last Show & Tell (and I'll decorate them with recent pics of my kids):

FEATURED ARTICLE:
  • KNOW YOUR BIBLE! Randy Alcorn warns that not knowing the Word of God is a monumental problem in the modern church... and I agree.

CAUSE IT'S INTERESTING:

RELATIONSHIPS:

LIFE WITH KIDS:

HOMESCHOOLING:

GOOD FOR A LAUGH:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...