Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, July 10, 2009

MY SPECIAL DAY!

Yesterday I watched Emily and Joe again while mom/dad worked and they surprised me at 7:30 with an early birthday treat of some beautiful flowers, a delicious cake and the funniest card! I look a bit ruffled but didn't expect a picture that early!
Aren't they just the best!!!! Oh, and early that morning Emily was sitting in the screen room and she saw our fox running through the yard hi-tailing it back to its den! They're too fast for the camera


Soooo today was my birthday and I got to spend it with lifelong friends, Marilyn and Jim Hepp....they retired several years ago, moved from Wisconsin to Mesa, AZ and each summer come back home to visit family and then on their way home via Indiana they stop in our former home town and we meet them there for lunch - how cool is that! Well this year it fell on my birthday and I couldn't have spent it with nicer friends.

They actually got an earlier start than planned so they were going to be at our spot by 9:30 instead of 11:30 so when they called us at 8:30 and said we had an hour to get there we flew! It takes an hour to get there! lol We pulled up to the restaurant as they were walking in the doors. Good timing huh?

We actually met at Crackerbarrell instead of our other place and had breakfast instead of lunch but it was delicious.

My brother and his wife were supposed to meet us as well but they had a 2-1/2 hour drive so they didn't get into town until 11 - and by then they went to the rest. we were supposed to go to in the first place for lunch and called us to meet them there...so we had 45 minutes in between meals! lol So we only ordered soup....oh my gosh we were full!!!

So Gail and I decided we needed to walk it off so I had tons of Coupons for Michaels Crafts and Hobby Lobby and I really needed mache stacking boxes and didn't want to keep going back in for them so I gave each person a coupon and some money and handed them the box and said go buy it! I got an entire set each piece 40% off!

Then after that we went to the Mall and did some clothes shopping and then Doug and I headed home. So what was to be a morning away and home right after lunch turned into an entire day...we got home at 4:45 and just a bit ago Doug and I went out for my birthday dinner.

When we got back we had the rest of the cake the kids brought over...CAN YOU SAY STUFFED! Needless to say it's diet/exercise time and sorely needed.
Here we are at breakfast....left to right Doug, Me, Marilyn, Jim (as if you didn't know by now....lol)

Sorry for rambling - guess it's all the food today plus a wine at dinner tonight and the chocolate cake/frosting....I'm wired!
Hugs, Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...