Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, April 6, 2009

NEW FLOOR

Well girls it's getting close....OMGosh - this is my 99th post!

I still don't know exactly what it is that will be in my surprise package for my 100th post but you will like it I'm sure.


A couple weeks ago we decided to put wood floors in the dining room.

I've wanted them forever and finally got Doug to start thinking like me...lol

So we ordered it and it will be here tomorrow but oh the work that needs to be done before it can be laid....pulling up the old carpet, pulling out the nails, cleaning the floor, painting all the trim, walls and stairway before the floor can be laid. I'm tired just thinking about it.


As we were getting things packed up from the hutches and pie safes our kitty 'Baby' takes over one of the boxes - she's lucky she isn't packed up in one and tossed out...it's because of her and her sister that we are taking up the carpet....one of them is piddling and not sure which one but when I do find out - well, let's just say we will be one less kitty that's a given.



Room with carpet still in it - and no, that's not a seam going down the center - we had to tip our long table on its side to take it apart and it lef the line...but I wasn't about to worry about something that was going to get ripped out.



Doug rolling up carpet sections for trash!


NO...THIS ISN'T THE NEW FLOOR but it isn't too bad looking is it?...lol
Carpet and padding all pulled up. It's the same color as the new floor we are putting down.
Even though this is oak, it looks like it's stained same from the looks of it.
Still have to pull out the nails and all the edging.
Our new floor will be Rustic distressed Pine plank laminate.


I won these adorable wax bunnies all grungied up and tied with rafia! There were 6 of these cuties but I gave two away this weekend in a goodie basket for our house guests.

THANK YOU DEB! Visit here at: http://debsprimitivecountrykitchen.blogspot.com/ for drawing my name.

I also got a bonus in the package of 12 wonderful smelling minty candles.

And a wonderful gift that came all the way from South Africa - I won one of Lynda's MARCH MADNESS drawings....the cutest handmade fabric bag with 4 fabric eggs and a darling fabric gift tag. THANK YOU LYNDA. Go visit her wonderful blog: http://whimsicalprims.blogspot.com/
Guess the next post will be number 100! So see you all then.
Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...