Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

2nd PHASE OF DINING ROOM

Not a whole lot happening here today - but thought I'd post the 2nd phase of the dining room re-do.

My brother came over Easter Sunday evening so he would be here bright and early on Monday to help paint the room - however we didnt' start as early as planned.

I put a sample of the Antique White on the wall and it was like blinding snow compared to what was on there originally - although the old color wasn't dark...but anyway we took the two gallons back and had some yellow put in and it and it worked...it took that bright stark look away so finally around 9 they started.....I was loving the new look.
The trim stayed the same...just a tad darker.

So the day went well and I made Cream of Potato Soup and Corn Bread plus some carved Ham and Hard Salami for sandwiches so it was a good hearty lunch.
And some wonderful Chocolaty (is that a word??) Fudge covered Brownies!

Then yesterday Doug painted all the new trim so after the floor is laid on Saturday he can start nailing it on.
I'll take pictures of the floor progress on Saturday.
Are you all bored yet????

So I want to thank everyone who commented on my GIVE A-WAY POST - I wish you all luck.

(Doug - on ladder, and my brother Gene getting things ready)


(Doug doing all edging work)


(Gene in between paint rolling - look at the difference in the walls - the light is the new)


Thanks for visiting me today!
Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...