Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, April 13, 2009

Kunstformen der Natur

Ben just pointed me to a fabulous collection of scientific prints at WikiMedia Commons. 100 plates of Ernst Haeckel's Artforms of Nature
from 1904.

Are they not the most beautiful, vibrant scientific plates? I love the symmetry of each print.


These are on the Wikimedia Commons, which means they can be freely reused without permission. In other words? Go crazy. I want to see these printed and framed around someone's office. What about using them for a bathroom? (Something about having scientific prints up to study while taking care of life's necessities appeals to me... )


What about using them for fabrics? Printed on pillows? Screened onto plates? Someone more crafty than I should do *something* with them -- and then send me pictures and links to share...

Go see the whole collection -- one is sure to appeal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...