Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

WHATCHA WORKING ON WEDNESDAY & SHOW PREP.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ONE AND ALL....THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL COMMENTS YOU ALL LEFT HERE.

YOU ARE ALL THE REASON I LOVE DOING THE BLOG - IT IS A GREAT OUTLET FOR AN OLD RETIRED GRAPHIC DESIGNER AND NOW HOUSEWIFE!

HAVING IFRIENDS IS A HUGE PART OF 'LIVING' AND I AM THANKFUL ON THIS DAY FOR ALL THE FRIENDS I HAVE MADE HERE.

BLESS ALL OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES!



Today was last minute day here in the Martinsen household….if we didn’t get it done today, IT AINT GOING TO GET DONE!
Yesterday we spent the day putting up window lights, garland throughout the house, decorating the tree with some of the ornaments for sale, putting the stockings on the faux fireplace front….…. and now and then I got to work on some of my products like all of my hand drawn and painted tags.
Friday when we start setting up the show in the house we will decorate in bare places and put greens where needed but after looking at all those boxes in the basement we will need many more rooms to set up in! PRAY FOR A GREAT SHOW PLEASE.

Another of our favorite snowmen on a window

Our son had a faux fireplace front he gave us for the show - we decided because there wasn't anything behind it we'd put Santa's legs coming down along with the stocking that are for sale.


Our very overpriced stocking we purchased in Lancaster at our favorite shop...Family Creations. It's made of really dark gold grunged wool and filled with grungy little snowmen. But we love it!


Sorry, this one came out dark every time I took it...but we got the lights in the windows as well as the boughs on the windows

Dining room chandelier

Santa Clause being pulled by a sheep!

Our sheep collection above our pantry...just a few of the many we have


Greens on hutch in Den....and all of our Salt Glaze plates from Eldreth Pottery in Lancaster, PA. And some of Doug's decoy collection
Our tree after we put it up

With lights and ivory pip berry garlands

Hand made icicles from Shari Kraft of http://cranapplechristmas.blogspot.com/

Tree mostly finished with products for sale....more to be done on Friday
Angel tree topper (for sale) from THE SPINNING WHEEL http://www.spinningwheelonline.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

Today was also baking day for the show and Thanksgiving.
Doug made all the breads - Banana Nut and Cranberry Nut…sweet huh???? He did this while I prepared some other items.
I still need to make my Chocolate and Pumpkin pies yet - actually I'm in the process now. The chocolate is cooling and the Pumpkin pie is in the oven....but these two pies are for our Thanksgiving dessert tomorrow!
I’m thinking I have more money tied up with treats than I do products for the many, many trips we made to the store for MORE baking supplies….but even if they don’t buy they’ll be fed well! lol

6 Layer bars....oh yummmmm!

Crust for the Chocolate pie


Oh....here it is all filled....another yummmm!

My all time favorite pie...PUMPKIN (still baking)

And you can't go wrong having brownies
So that’s’ my WHATCH WORKING ON WEDNESDAY!
Check back later, I just may have more to share.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...