Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I Think It's Time...


.. for me to have a sale or something... clear some stock.

I couldn't get into my shed yesterday morning. I had to breathe in to get to my desk... and I am calling myself a minimalist these days!... a declutterer!

It's a tricky business, this lighting business. Stock is so scarce....when it appears, you have to pounce... and stockpile. It's feast or famine. There is never enough stock... for long enough. Those beautiful Glass Bell Pendant lights that stopped my heart a few weeks ago, I sold the lot and then the next lot and the next and now I have to wait until April 2013 for the next lot. What???? How can this be? This is the 21st century. I'm a bit sad about the eternal scarcity of stock, in this lighting wasteland we call Australia.


In brighter news, I sourced these beauties for a client today. I am embracing the industrial aesthetic more and more these days. It is all the rage over at the centre of the universe (New York).... and I was informed by a New Yorker, that 'Hamptons style' to a New Yorker, means clean, modern lines with industrial accents.... not the 'Leave It To Beaver' house that we all eternally drool over. Who knew we had it all so wrong? He was quite amused by the way we Aussies define 'Hamptons style', incredulous actually. It made for a very interesting breakfast-in-the-garden, round-table, group discussion at our bed and breakfast in Southampton. Definition of 'Hamptons Style'?... well it depends on your country of origin. Those who live and holiday in the Hamptons think differently!



I rather loved these too. For a stairwell .... or hanging over a dining table from a scissor trussed roof. Splendid.


I have been seriously loving this boy to death, while his brother is away eating REAL, authentic, made--in-Japan sushi. The Japan email last night stated that he had experienced 'true heaven on earth', having eaten at a real Japanese sushi train. Hope he took photos.


Meanwhile back in the real world, life continues. 
Does anyone else have a 10 year old who still begs to ride in the trolley and get buried in groceries?


We've been keeping busy.... to keep our mind off our absent brother/best friend/right arm .... 
.....visiting animal parks...


.... hugging things...



.....befriending things, 'lizard-whisperer' style....


Meanwhile, the due date for my Masters makeover reveal has been extended.
 Next week I get to show you. 
It's all finished. I'm living in it, blogging in it and generally lapping it up now! 


The 'before' was pretty bleak.

One more sleep until my big boy is home safe ... and different. 
He won't be the same... now that he has taken a bite of the world. 
You're never the same, once you've travelled.
And that's such a good thing.

Happy Wednesday!
Photobucket
PS. I'll let you know about that sale.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...