Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Change


'Little one' started his new school this week.... and has experienced a great life lesson in 'change'. He has embraced it all, with gusto. It's been so wonderful to watch him blossom over only a few days. He's been positively joyous at school pick up, rattling off all the happenings amongst his new class and new friends. His smile is as wide as it's ever been. Breathe out!

"Twenty kids sat with me at lunch today"
"We're allowed to play before school!!!!"
"A girl asked me what my favourite colour is" (first experience with co-ed!)
"The girls sit around and divide their hair into 3 strands and put it all together" (has never seen a plait before!)
"4B are really upset that they didn't get me"
"The teacher doesn't yell or scream AT ALL and the kids are REALLY good in class...she just looks at them, like this, if they are being a bit too rowdy and they all get really quiet and sit up straight, she doesn't have to scream at all" (the screaming really got to him last time)
"I think I am a celebrity as everyone wants to play with me"
"We're all allowed to get a snack at 10, to eat at our desk, so we don't faint before morning tea!!" (he didn't cope well with the 6.30am-11.00am gap between meals)
"I like learning more I think, it's more fun"
"Had Japanese today. They are way more ahead of us. I didn't understand a thing.... but it's good"
"I asked some boys to stop blocking the slippery slide and they said, 'sure'... they're so polite"
"Everyone is calm, the whole school feels really calm"
"The Principal plays soccer with us at lunch time"
"They have a school disco!!!!!... AND a fete!!!!"
"You were right Mum, it feels like I have been here forever now"

'Mouths of babes'. You can't get better than that. I am taking ALL the credit for finding the school. It was all me! #pattingselfonback

The #mylifeinthecar situation is going to be a challenge over the next 8 weeks while I have 2 boys at different schools, on the opposite sides of town, but I'll drive/wait for/ do anything just to have happy boys. Things will settle down again next year when big son starts his IB Senior School in the same suburb as little one's school next year (he got in!... passed the 5 hour exam and the interview... the stress of it all...it was a long wait to find out)....then we'll move house to be closer to the schools.

It's all happening. Change. It's good.


As I said to my youngest, on his first day at school on Monday, "son, that's one thing that is guaranteed in life... 'change'.... get used to it... embrace it".

He was so brave on his first day. He dug deep.  He embraced it.

So damn proud.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...