Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, August 27, 2012

Lots of happenings

I thought after the Lititz, PA craft show that things would settle down and I could get my body back to normal…but being I’m ME…that doesn’t ever happen…I just can’t seem to stay still.  And I do pay the price for it but sometimes it’s worth it (well, the hurt isn’t worth it but the outcome is).
That being said…I guess we didn’t get enough of doing a show so we had a Craft Show and Rummage Sale at the same time on Saturday.  Now I think we are loose in the head because we forgot how much work the shows are – even though it was here at the house the only difference was we didn’t have to drive…but we did set up two different areas.

We set the show up in the driveway minus the backdrops because they are way too much work to attach and then put up the curtains around them.  But no one knew the difference and they bought anyway.

Home show 2

The rummage was in the screen room so in case there was rain we were covered in both areas.

sale 1

sale 2

It all went well…weather was fantastic until noon and then it turned hot!
One of my blog/website followers came all the way from IL. Thanks so much Connie for making the drive and I hope you were able to go to Dan DiPaolo’s place and Finder’s Keeper’s.  I look a bit frazzled from the humidity!
Meet Connie Moore
Karen Connie

Doug went out to do some grilling the other night and he found this little tree frog (think that’s what it is because it has the suction cups on its feet) and it lives all day long on the siding behind the grill and towards night he goes in behind the window casings….look at those little bug eyes! Normally you can’t see him because he tucks himself way in.
tree frog 1 

THEY’RE BAAAACCCCKKKK!
Yep…remember the jar toppers from a couple years ago…well we made them again.
You can find them on my other site: 
http://kmprimitives.blogspot.com/

$8.00 each plus shipping
We have Mr. Jack; Snowman child; Snowlady; Snowman and the toppers fit on any pint or quart jar
Jar Toppers

On Friday night we went out to Dan DiPaolo’s Barn party. Besides the goodies to buy in the barn there’s drinks, food and music. KR Bluegrass played on the porch of his log cabin. People bring lawn chairs or sit on blankets or hay bales and many bring picnic food or snacks and drinks of all kinds. It’s two hours of beautiful Bluegrass music.
One of his specials that night were his Sunflowers for $5 a bunch.

Sunflowers den

There were a few that were just buds so I cut them short and put them in my Pewter pitcher and by morning they had openedSunflowers dining room

I have never been able to grow Geraniums…ever!  But I bought this large potted one from Dan’s place in May and it was huge and full….finally they died off as they normally do.  Well I figured it was finished and would just leave it for the time being…well over a couple weeks it grew 30+ buds and about a week before we headed to PA they blossomed…I was amazed that this is the 2nd go round for this plant.  The flowers aren’t as full but there are just as many.
Geraniums 2nd time

Last Saturday night was my brother/sil’s 50th wedding anniversary and they took their family plus Doug and I, our sister and our step parents out to dinner. I believe there were 15 of us.
Family at anniv 2

 Family at anniv 3

These are our Step parents…Boots and Virginia and she turns 90 tomorrow (28th). Boots is 88.
If you don’t remember the connection…Boots married our mother and after 5 years she passed away from Cancer and 3 years later he married Virginia (moms friend) and they both have been family from day one. My sister is next to me.
Boots me shirley

Again a long post…I never start out with the intention but it just happens.  Bet you wouldn’t want to be in the same room with me and have to listen to me.
And if you get a chance…say a little pray for healing for one of our blog friends Margie from Hungry Hook Primitives – she hasn’t been feeling well the past few weeks. Sending prayers your way Margie. 
http://hungryhookprimitives.blogspot.com/

Blessings to all…enjoy!

Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...