Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, August 17, 2012

Back from the show!

What a show….I’m so glad I did this one – although it was a very long way to go I’m not sorry I did it.

BEFORE I FORGET AND GO ON WITH THIS POST I WANT TO SAY I’M GOING TO BE PUTTING SOME PRODUCTS ON MY SELLING BLOG THIS WEEK SO KEEP CHECKING YOU BLOG LIST! or keep checking my site:  http://kmprimitives.blogspot.com/

 

 DSC07408

DSC07410

car 3

 car 1

DSC07409 

DSC07407

Now our van was NOT very happy  - it had to carry a very heavy load up and over the hills of PA and it paid the price.
Saturday morning at the show was kind of a nightmare for Doug (
well me too because I felt so bad for him – he had to deal with the results!).
Our van for some reason decided to die as we were unloading at the show site – long story short…we had to have it jumped to get it out of the street so others could get in – tried to start it later…same thing although we were able to park on the grounds right behind our site (we would not have been able to move it if we wanted to being dead!)

All in all after the show we got our van and Doug’s cousins jeep loaded up quickly just to get out of there…jumped our car and off we went.  Sorted out the mess at his cousins house on Sunday afternoon.
We sat at the Toyota dealership for half a day on Monday getting things fixed.  As you can see all spots were filled!

I was in awe at the size of this show – waaayyy bigger than the show I was at 2 years ago.
At this point I am  very sure I will do it again next year.

It got so busy right away that we didn’t get many pictures – people come in from all sides of the town so I didn’t have to worry about the location of my booth – lots of traffic.

I do not have very good pictures of the booth – we started setting up at 5 a.m., by 6:15 people were already shopping!!
There were so many people in my space I could not get my areas set up, couldn’t get my purchase table set up so many areas are not as they should have been…THERE WERE PRODUCTS I NEVER UNPACKED because I couldn’t get at them.

BUT….that being said….THERE WERE MANY SALES DURING THIS RUSH TOO!  I’m not complaining at all – just got a bit frustrating to not be able to set the space up…so what you see is all I could accomplish because all of a sudden it was 8 a.m. and the show was officially on.
Goodness I sold my 6 of my 8 pillows before the show opened…WISHING I HAD MADE MORE!  But who knew…

I also met several friends from blogs and forums…some I didn’t know but knew me.
I never got a chance to walk the show either – I wanted so badly to get up to see Teresa (Teresa’s Primitive Treasures) and she wanted to get down by me but it never happened.

I know I will be leaving some names out here so forgive me if I’m not mentioning you – there were so many people I met.
Margie Santo’s was my first visitor – she has been an internet friend for a couple years now – she and her husband are such nice people and I also received a darling Santa and a few other special gifts from Margie (photos at another time – they’re still packed).

Karen and Margie Santos

I do believe this is Rachel – if not forgive me!
Karen and friend 

And Laurie…she’s from Lititz – I would loved to have been able to visit with her more!Karen Vickie

A forum friend Elaine and her husband stopped by as well
 
Karen and Elaine 2
There was also Judy, and a sweet little gal who I had never met but she said she always follows my blog and mskate from one of the forums I’m on…and I just know there are a couple more I can’t remember.

show 1

show 2

 show 9

show 8

show 7

I was not satisfied with the fabric headers…couldn’t get them even and time was running out!  Next year something different or a different way of attaching them.  Learning process….

show 6

Notice how open the space is behind us and to the one side….NICE BREEZE ALL DAY LONG!
And look at our blue ban  to the left there all snug under that huge shade tree….Could we have been more fortunate!

show 4

show 3

This is just on Main St. where I was located…it also went down Broad St. (Rt. 501) and in the park. This was around 8 a.m
It went both directions on Main Street….

show 5

show streets 3

show streets 2

show streets 1

I know this was full of pictures but that’s what this post was about…show n’ tell….

This is one of my favorite houses on Main Street near our booth…I never get tired of looking at this home.  One can dream, right!!

Log house lititz

Sunday we headed out to Roots Market – IN THE RAIN – but we had umbrellas so it wasn’t too bad.  Oh if only we were heading back right then we would have bought lots and lots of produce – somehow it always looks better at a farm market. 

Monday we rode around Lancaster and did some Antiquing just for a break and came upon this wonderful Antique shop – White Horse Mill – I’ve seen it in the flyers but never got there.

White Horse Mill Antiques 2

White Horse Mill Antiques 1

This is right behind the antique shop – wish I could have gotten closer for a picture to show up better because for real it was really quaint and the garden was wonderful.
Farm House  

I’ll leave you with this picture - one scene I never get tired of seeing….
Amish buggy

I made some Fall purchases on Friday, Monday and Tuesday – lots of Pumpkins, Fall foliage and not sure what else…photos at a later date…still packed away!
We stopped at Cocalico Creek shop which is right on Rt. 30 by the Target store…it’s in a shop facing the highway (right by Amish Stuff).  It’s nice and Prim and loaded with lots of treasures…you have to go there!
Got up to Blue Snickel…very nice shop but EXTREME PRIM…I’m not extreme…I’m more Colonial so things just didn’t jump out at me.

Blessings to all and thank you everyone who shopped with me on Saturday and for those who came in to introduce themselves to me…how blessed am I!

Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...