Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, January 13, 2008

DC Area Auction -- Tom Sarris' Orleans House

Reader HappyCthulhu was so kind as to send me a link to this online auction (pickup only, though, so definitely more suited for locals) of a recently departed restaurant in Rosslyn, Virginia called Tom Sarris' Orleans House. I don't know anything about the establishment, but the auction is full of architectural elements and clever devices.

The neatest? A large recording clock. What it was used to record, I do not know, but the face is beautiful and the innards are full of brass rods, gears, and a reel for paper.






I thought this fern stand -- with chains on it! Was interesting, too.



Auction ends on February 8th, so you have plenty of time to dream, research, and bid.

Ah -- I think Happy found this via BoingBoing, so thanks all around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...