Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, September 2, 2011

Free Update on Porch Post

One of my summer projects was to take care of this ugly porch post on our house. From far away it didn't look bad. But when you got a little closer, you could see the wear on the wood.


When you got a lot closer then your could really see it! The polyurethane was peeling off big time! I'm pretty sure the past home owners used an indoor poly since it's under an awning...either way, it needed help!


I first gave it a big sanding! Then I took some leftover black stain that I used on our deck and painted coat after coat after coat...I don't know how many coats I ended up painting this thing. But this baby is protected! And now so pretty! 

It took a lot of time but this makeover was definitely worth it! I love it now! 


Have a great Labor Day weekend! Any fun plans?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...