Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

RHUBARB CAKE & NEW PENNY MAT

I thought I'd share this recipe with you - it's rhubarb season and I'm so happy ours is finally producing!
I sent almost half the cake home with our son yesterday so ours is almost gone but hopefully when I get back from PA there will be larger stalks for me to pull and make another one.
Rhubarb Cake
This is a heavy moist cake and just delicious!

Oven 350
9 x 13 cake pan

2-1/2 cups rhubarb - cut into ½ inch cubes
1/2 cup sugar
Mix this sugar with the rhubarb - let sit while mixing cake
1/2 cup margarine or butter - soft
1-1/2 cups sugar
Cream these two together till creamy
3 eggs - add this to the creamed mixture

Now add
2 cups flour
1 teasp. Vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teasp. baking soda
1/2 teasp. baking powder
Dash of salt

Mix all together as you would any other cake, beat about 2 minutes
Add rhubarb - fold into cake batter
Put in buttered/floured cake pan
Sprinkle top with cinnamon and sugar
Bake 40 minutes (insert knife in center - if it comes out clean it’s done)
Serve with whip cream, cool whip or ice cream

VARIATION:
I have used apples cut up in place of the rhubarb and it’s just as delicious.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
This week I had a request for 'Just Pennies' on a table mat so this is what I came up with and she approved it and loved it! I'm happy!
So now I have put it on my site as of today. It measures 14" square and had alternating Penny stacks of Black, Bronze and Brick Red.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...