Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, May 15, 2009

KIND OF FINISHED

Good evening my dear blogging friends - needless to say I didn't end up going to Pennsylvania - long story but won't bore you with it -it will happen sometime soon though...just not this time.

I had a few free minutes today so I put up my new Tobacco Cloth panels on the windows.
I bought them from Family Heirloom Weavers in Red Lion, Pennsylvania this past Feb. and I tried putting them up a couple weeks ago on the two side windows but didn't like how they took away the natural light but I thought about it some more and tried them again and now I like them so they'll stay.

I took a couple pictures with the flash off so you can see how sheer they actually are....I think they're very Colonial looking and am loving it.

I'm still not sure if my cupboards and pie safes are staying where they are - I was used to the other arrangement so we'll see.
OH, AND THE LITTLE TAN RUG DOESN'T BELONG THERE FOR LOOKS - IT'S MY KITTIES SPOT TO SIT AND WATCH OUT THE WINDOW....what we do for our animals!




I also went to the garden center and bought 2 large potted plants for the courtyard......it's so difficult finding plants for shade that have pretty color but I think I did pretty good. I had to bring them into the house tonight because they just came from being inside the greenhouse and it's rather cool tonight plus it wants to rain.
Part of my Mother's Day gift from our son and his family was used to purchase these pretties.


But before we went for the flowers we stopped at an estate sale and look what I got....2 14 inch Pewter plates and a large 18 inch charger plus a creamer and sugar set....all for $11.00!!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...