Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, October 10, 2008

EASTWARD BOUND

Hi all!

Well, Doug and I are on our way to Pennsylvania wholesale shopping and I decided to take pictures this time. We have been going to PA for the last 30 years and I never take pictures for the most part but thought it might be nice to keep a journal of sorts.

We left Wisconsin on Thursday early a.m. and our first stop was the wonderful new Farmer's Market in Waukarusa, Indiana...wow this place is huge. It's a post and beam construction with pegs holding the beams...it's a builders dream!
We arrived in Cranberry, PA towards dinner time and stayed there for the night. This morning when we got up the countryside was just beautiful with a low haze/fog in the mountains...I never get tired of this scenery. I tried to get some photos as we were driving but if you have ever tried this you know it's next to impossible but I did manage to get a few....the colors are almost at peak - but not quite....

































































We finally arrived at our first destination, Valley Forge, PA around 4 p.m.

We chose the route that takes us through the Valley Forge Park - I tried to get pictures here as well but only a few turned out so I will post them. There are so many beautiful buildings in this park but some are set so far back it's impossible to get a picture from the road.

































Well, that's about it for today....we got into our hotel, relaxed and then met a wonderful couple for the first time, whom I met fthrough my website - she placed an order and it all went from there. I find with my website that is most certainly is A SMALL WORLD!

More to follow in a day or two.
TaTa!
Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...