Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Help Maeve Design Her Steampunk Apartment


Maeve needs our help!

I'm renting a basement apartment, which used to be the maid's quarters, in a gigantic old Victorian. I have a good idea what I want to do with the bedroom and living rooms (the two rooms with the tiled floors), but I'm a little at a loss what to do with the rather boring kitchen to make it more interesting, steampunk etc. I can't figure out what to do that will go with the black and orange tile. I'm thinking of switching out the cabinet hardware, and maybe taking down some of the doors for open storage, but I'm not sure. Painting is also a very limited option (everything has to get approved by the landlady first) so anything too crazy can't be permanent. I'm thinking of doing some vinyl wall decals in the living room and bedroom, in addition to some giant bookcases, but all the wall decals I've found have been rather flowery or cartoonish.


Since I'll be moving across country with no furniture to move into this apartment, I'll be starting with a completely fresh slate, and any suggestions you or your readers might have for any of the rooms pictured, I'd greatly appreciate it. My boyfriend introduced me to your blog a couple of months ago and I'm absolutely in love. (editor's note: Thank you!)

Any suggestions for temporary, steampunk changes to this apartment? It's got a great setting, and good "bones." The shutters are nice, and I love the checkerboard tile and would embrace it! I have a number of ideas, but wanted to let the Steampunk Home Readers weigh in with their ideas first. I'll pull the best suggestions from the comments and do a follow up post, and then we'll make sure Maeve sends us her "after" pictures.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...