Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What I Love~~Part Two

Well I guess you could say I've never met an architectural piece I didn't love. I have corbels, fragments, finials, columns, balusters, you name it and I've probably got at least one. Here is (no kidding) a sample:



A fabulous old eyebrow window and pair of old, old, old plaster and wood capitals.


A great old exterior window frame that is now on my front porch.


View of the front entry where I have the old window framework and a piece of old house trim.


Great old header from an 1800's house now in my garden cottage.


Old trellis with a fab star detail.


More old porch trim now in my interior entry.


A great old mirror frame that we used to frame old ceiling tin.


Decorative iron stove pipe ring.


Spectacular old zinc finial.


Close-up of old plaster and wood capital.


My all-time favorite pair of old corbels.

Old porch baluster turned candle stick. Rests on my hearth next to an old hoe shield.

Old finial.

Great old peely corbel.

Old header over the door in my kitchen.


One of my favs--old barn louver now on the wall in my bedroom.

Great pair of old finials--now bookends for some of my old books.

One of my favorite columns.

One of a pair of awesome old corbels.

A beautiful old plinth block. Love the flower carving.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures!

Shelley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...