Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Drink Carrier

Since I have 2 boys with me all day during these fun summer days...the house is getting a little chaotic. Hard to keep up with the everyday pick up. I wouldn't trade it for the world but it does get overwhelming sometimes. LOL

One of the problematic areas is our drinking cups. I use one everyday but my boys use several. So plastic cups are everywhere!

I had to find a solution to this madness. :) So I got my thinking cap on.

I got this metal basket at a vintage store this spring for $3. It has 4 slots perfect for a drinking glass for each member of my family.


I wanted to personalize each space, so I found these metal label holders that I bought at a garage sale for 50 cents. I wasn't too thrilled with the color. So I sprayed them with metal spray primer and then Indoor/outdoor oil rubbed bronze spray paint.


For the labels, I cut up an old cardboard box from the recycling bin to the size of the metal label holders. Cost-FREE


I found these cute MINI stamps in the dollar bin at Michaels! I used these to stamp our names on each of the cardboard pieces. After the ink was dry, I added a thin layer of Modge Podge over the cardboard labels, for protecting them from any water splashes.


I then attached the metal tag holders to the wire basket with twine. Then slid in the cardboard name tags. So easy!


I bought 2 packs of 4 summertime cups for $1.99 each at Target. They're the perfect color for summer, plus my kids love them!

Now there is less countertop clutter! My kids are learning to be organized, plus they seem to be drinking more water as a result! Bonus!



Linking up HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...